So, I have become addicted to Bugaboo Digital Stamps. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Well, personally, I don’t think it is a problem. Now if my husband would stop asking me what the charges to my PayPal account are, we would be golden. Ha, ha! This handcrafted Mother’s Day card is titled Teapot Flowers, for obvious reasons.
This image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is called Flower Teapot. If you love it like I do, head over to the store and pick one up! Hmmm….I wonder if I could get free images by plugging their store. Maybe, someday! Well, back to the image! I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers in pink and brown, mostly. Then, I used Glossy Accents on the ladybugs and some of the dots on the pot. Once again, I used my Stitched Oval Die set from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. Love this set! To finish it off, I inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink from Ranger. In addition, I cut the larger oval die and inked the edges with the same ink for a mat.
The layout of this card was inspired by a sketch from the Sunday Stamps Challenge Blog. I used pink floral and striped patterned papers for the In The Pink and Catch the Bug challenges. First, I took some white lace and inked it with Tea Dye Distress Ink and a pink Spectrum Noir marker. Then, I cut the striped pink paper into a banner and layered it over the floral paper. Finally, I attached the strip of lace.
The Completed Card
To assemble the card, I attached the patterned papers and the ribbon to a kraft card blank measuring 5″ x 6 1/2″. Next, I glued the image to the pink mat and placed it over the banner.
Then, I made a pink rose. First, I took a piece of pink ribbon and cut it every 1/2″ or so. I did not cut all the way through. Next, I ran a line of glue all along the bottom edge of the ribbon and curled it together. To finish off the rose, I pushed the upper edges out and inked the edges with the same ink as before. I hot glued two pink clay rose buds to the right side of the image. Then, I glued the ribbon rose and a bow made with the lace from earlier.
Then, I stamped a Happy Mother’s Day sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat set white embossing powder on pink paper. Finally, I inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink and adhered the sentiment below the image with dimensional circles.
This card was inspired by the following challenges. Please take a moment to visit these great blogs and their wonderful design teams!
March Bingo Challenge from the Catch the Bug Challenge blog. For this challenge, I used a Bugaboo image (Flower Teapot), Flower, and Stripes. I love bingo challenges.
Challenge #148 – Banner Love Sketch from the Sunday Stamps Challenge blog. I used the sketch from this challenge to set up my layout. I did use some creative license and moved the flowers and bow to the right so I wouldn’t cover the spout of the teapot.
Challenge #115 – Photo Inspiration from the In The Pink Challenge blog. I was inspired by the pink of the ribbon, the lace and the brown of the wood from this challenge. I also used a stitched die for a sewn look.
Simon Says – Handmade Flowers from the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog. I was inspired to try my hand at making a flower by hand from this challenge. I love how my little ribbon flower turned out!
Lovely Ladies from the Crafty Purple Frog blog. This challenge inspired me to make a Mother’s Day Card. If you know me, you know I love frogs, so I just had to make something for this challenge!